Monique is a paralegal with DD West working primarily in its municipal law group. She is supervised by Orvel Currie and Jennifer Hanson and has worked with Mr. Currie since 2003 and Ms. Hanson since 2012.
Monique has experience working on matters in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Her legal experience also includes civil litigation and administrative law, personal injury claims - for both plaintiffs (injured persons) and defendants (insurance companies), as well as estate administration.
Monique has municipal law experience relating to the following matters:
- by-laws, by-law challenges and by-law enforcement
- planning and development - development agreements, servicing agreements, zoning & permitting
- real property – acquisitions and sales, expropriations, leases, easements, memorandums of understanding, right-of-way agreements
- tax sales
- road opening/closing
- labour and employment
- administration tribunals
Monique is also the Office Manager of the Winnipeg Office and a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
- Legal Assistant Diploma, Red River College, 1991
- CORES Level 1
- Attendance of various Legal Education of Alberta (LESA), Law Society of Manitoba and Law Society of Alberta courses (in person and online)